As much as you would like, not everything fits neatly into your plans. So we provide a full range of consulting services to address those “out of the box” needs.
At Holmes & Swafford CPAs, our business is to know and understand your financial situation. We offer services beyond compliance and combine our experience, expertise and knowledge to add value as a trusted advisor to your financial situation.
We offer the following consulting services:
Human Resources Consulting
We have a professional who holds the SHRM (Society of Human Resource Management) certification as a Senior Professional – Human Resources. This skill set is extremely useful in employee compliance matters. We can assist in the development of Policy Manuals, Safety Manuals and Compliance with common OSHA standards. We can perform a review of personnel job descriptions and proper classification of employees versus independent contractors.
HR becomes more complex every day. There is a tremendous opportunity for us to assist you in making sure you have the right foundations to build systems and policies to protect you and provide a safe and friendly workplace where employees will thrive and improve your customer’s experience.
Every organization can benefit from being introspective, skeptical and analytical regarding their finances. We work with organizations to develop the predictive capabilities necessary to adapt to rapid changes and outperform their peers. Specifically, we can help you with:
- Driving growth from new markets and opportunities.
- Enhance cash management through working capital optimization and better capital allocation.
- Improve finance operations by focusing on operational effectiveness, financial analytics as well as budgeting and forecasting.
- Enable efficient regulatory compliance.
- Effectively manage risk by identifying sources and improvements to mitigate high risk areas.
- Marital dissolution
- Partner or shareholder dissolution
- Economic damages or bankruptcy
- Purchase price allocation
- Asset impairment testing
- Intellectual property valuations
- Buy and sell agreements
- Purchases or sale of a business
- General business planning
- Assist with the sale of hard assets
- Assist with negotiating private sales of intangibles
- Develop causes of action to recover assets
- Distribute estate assets to creditors on the basis of priority ranking
Fraud is an ever present and growing problem for business organizations. It can go undetected for years and is often committed by “trusted” employees. Fraud impacts nearly every organization regardless of size and the costs can be substantial.
At Holmes & Swafford CPAs, our forensic accounting team is comprised of highly trained Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE’s) and accountants Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF’s). We believe the best way to deal with fraud is to prevent it. Our approach goes beyond looking at the numbers to analyze and interpret them and understand the story they tell. We assess and protect organizations from fraud through a rigorous step by step approach as follows:
- Evaluate your organization’s overall fraud risk
- Identify possible fraud schemes with an eye toward industry specific criteria
- Rate any recognized schemes and analyze risk tolerance
- Develop policies, procedures and strategies to mitigate the fraud
- Implement and test detection and prevention against future fraud
Check out our Newsletter for the latest article on Financial Planning.